- There is a growing energy around sport for women, aligned with significant external investment in growing the women’s sport and physical activity market.
- Multiple and simultaneously held values drive decision making and prioritisation in women’s lives.
- Sport in general does not successfully engage with this value system.
- Holistic health and wellbeing is higher on women’s agendas than ever before.
Every woman’s relationship with physical activity is unique
A woman’s relationship with physical activity and sport is highly complex, based upon a web of personal, social and environmental factors, influences and triggers.
Women hold six core values which influence behaviour
Six core values represent what is important to women in modern life and how they want to spend their time and energy.
- Looking good.
- Feeling good.
- Achieving goals.
- Developing skills.
- Nurturing friends and family.
- Having fun.
These values can be dialled up and down for different women and at different stages in their lives.