Our Make Space for Us research with the Yorkshire Sport Foundation explored the barriers teenage girls face to getting active outdoors
Partnerships are vital to the work we do. We work with organisations who want to tackle the deep-rooted gender inequalities that exist in sport and society. It is only by making systemic change that we will reduce the inequalities that are holding women and girls back; inequalities in participation, in health, in budgeting, in profile and in the number of women in coaching and decision-making positions. By tackling these inequalities in sport we will start to tackle them in society too.
Through our consultancy services, our mission is to constructively challenge, to support, to learn and to be part of the solution for change. We work with organisations on the following:
- Insight – providing a deep understanding of the underpinning drivers an organisation faces in their quest for gender equality
- Impact assessment – understanding the impact of programmes and interventions to make positive change for women and girls
- Campaigns – raising the profile of the issues, the potential solutions and how your organisation can be part of the solution
- Thought leadership and strategy – deeply challenging thinking
- Education and awareness – key notes, presentations, workshops and webinars to build understanding of the issues and solutions
- Project/programme development – using a women and girls centred approach to the design of new interventions
- Policy review and development – reviewing, shaping and rewriting policy with women and girls in mind
The team at Women in Sport bring a diverse range of backgrounds, skills and experiences to the passion we all share for our cause. We have a long history of supporting organisations both in and out of sport to make meaningful change to the lives of women and girls through our consultancy work. Some of the work we are most proud of is showcased below.